This is yet another recipe from The Nest. One of the girls posted it last week. I thought it sounded good, so I saved it. I'll post the recipe first and then tell you how it turned out.
Lemon Teriyaki Chicken
Ingredients
4 chicken breasts
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 Tablespoons butter
1/4 Cup teriyaki sauce
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
3/4 Tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon sugar
Directions
1) Flatten the chicken into 1/2 inch thickness, coat with flour. In a large skillet cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes each side. Remove from pan and keep warm.
2) Add teriyaki, lemon, garlic and sugar to skillet. Scrape the chicken remnants up with this coating and return the chicken to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
From Nestie MrsDreher123
So, I make it and it looks yummy (I don't know what happened to the picture. I took one, but it's not on the camera. I think Alec's SM card was in there. Anyway. . .). We sit down to eat and after I take the first bite I say, "This is really salty." Alec agrees with me (which is rare; he likes salty food). He asks me how much teriyaki sauce I put in. I say 3/4 cup. We finish eating it despite the saltiness, figuring that since we have cut back on salt, that's why it tastes so salty. We discuss looking for low-sodium teryiaki sauce next time.
Later, we are cleaning up the kitchen. I am washing dishes and Alec is putting them away. He is standing by the island, where the recipe is still laid out. Our conversation goes something like this.
Alec: How much teriyaki sauce did you put in there.
Me: 3/4 cup. That's what was in the recipe. Look at it, it's right there.
Alec: Honey, this calls for 1/4 cup of teriyaki sauce.
Me: Let me see that.
So, I look at it, and he's right. I guess I saw the "3" in the amount of butter on the line above and read 3/4 instead of 1/4. So, that's probably why it was so salty. And, probably why the sauce seemed so thin.
I will make it again for sure, but next time I will read the recipe more carefully!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment