Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A few cooking updates

I wanted to post a quick update on two meals I've blogged about before.

Fish Tacos
We have made these a couple more times since I first wrote about them. We've added the cabbage both times and it has been yummy! I forget the kind of cabbage I bought, but it's not regular cabbage - it's something else. I am still trying to get the fish to come out crispier. I am thinking next time that I will put a cooling rack on the baking sheet and put the fish on that, so the grease has somewhere to drip - hopefully that will help.

Lemon Teriyaki Chicken
I made this one again last week - Alec was brave enough to try it again. Using the right amount of teriyaki sauce helped a lot! It was very good and we'll be adding it to the regular rotation. I served it with snap peas that I steamed and then threw in with the sauce for a few minutes - it was the perfect side.

No comments: