Thursday, March 6, 2008

Couch to 5K - Week 4, Day 1 - 4th Time's the Charm

Last night, I finally accomplished this interval! Go, me! My time for the 2 miles was 28:38.

I almost made it on Monday, but I paused during my run to take a call from my mom. I normally wouldn't have done this, but I was concerned that she had been at Appalachian State in Boone during a lockdown they had after a gunman was reported on campus. (She's on a committee that normally meets there on Mondays.) So, I'd called her and she called me back while I was running. It turned out that she wasn't there, and then it turned out that the whole thing was a hoax. Anyway, she called while I was running and of course I wanted to talk to her! The treadmills at the gym don't pause for very long so I lost my place and skipped ahead to the next interval to start over. I think I only had about 1/10 mile left of running, but I'm a stickler so I'm not going to count it. Plus, I was resting while I was talking to her.

Anyway, now I just need to manage 2 more days of this interval. But I've done it once so I'm sure I can do it again.

This weekend we're going to check out one of the local parks that has a running/walking trail and see if it's marked off for distance. I would like to start varying my workout by running outside, especially since daylight savings time changes on Sunday so it will be light later. But, I'm really bad at judging distance, so I would like to do it somewhere that the distance is marked for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cath,

Great job! You should be sure to celebrate your accomplishments... By the way... check out this nifty tool for tracking route distances: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/