Monday, March 31, 2008

Couch to 5K - 2 mile run, attempt #3

Yesterday was my third attempt at running 2 miles - and the third time was not the charm!

Alec did not feel like running, but I made him go with me anyway. We took River and he walked with her while I ran. At least I ran faster than they can walk! Of course River has to stop and smell everything so that slows down the pace quite a bit. River was funny barking at the ducks and geese at the park. She doesn't have much experience with them; I don't think she knew what to make of them.

Anyway, enough about River. This post is supposed to be about running. I ran the first full mile, then went a little further after the turn back than last time. Probably not more than a few yards, but still further. Then I had to stop for a short walk. I started running again at the same place as before. I stopped for a walk at the same spot and walked for the same distance. By this time I had caught back up to Alec and River, so Alec made me run a little further than I wanted to (of course). After another short walk, I ran to the end.

I hope that by the end of the week, I'll be able to do the whole 2 miles. I wanted to be doing 5K by my birthday, but that's not going to happen, so I hope I can at least say I did 2 miles by then!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go... You've come a long way... and you should really celebrate that! I say... once you reach two miles... you really treat yourself... I'll peek around the store... I bet Berkeley has some cute new things in for Spring!