Thursday, March 27, 2008

Couch to 5K - 2 Mile Run - Attempt #2

Yesterday, I made my second attempt at a 2-mile run. It had been a week since we last ran - ugh - too long! We don't really have any good excuses. Just laziness.

It was another nice day, so we went back to the same park. I wanted to try and run slower - it was hard for Alec to slow down enough! He kept running backwards, zig-zagging on the path, running ahead and doubling back - anything to slow down to my pace.

I did walk some, but not as much as last time. I ran the whole first mile, then a little bit back. Then I had to walk for a bit. I walked two more times after that. I'd estimate that it was no more than 1/4 mile total.

I drank a lot of water throughout the day in an effort to make sure I was more hydrated for the run - and that helped. I did not get nearly as thirsty this time.

I'll make another attempt hopefully tomorrow. I am going to try not to be lazy! The 5K is only 3 weeks away!

No comments: