Today I did Week 2, Day 3 of Couch to 5K. I really didn't want to run at all. I had kind of a frustrating day of work. But, I figured I could either sit at the computer and stress, or get off my butt and go run. Plus, I didn't run this weekend - I planned it for Sunday so Rick could go to and then I ended up being sick. So, I knew if I didn't go today, I would end up in a downward spiral.
I didn't up my speeds from Thursday - I did the exact same pace for the exact same distance. It was very much a "just put one foot in front of the other and get through it run." Not fun, not really any big sense of accomplishment.
And don't get me started on the kids on the treadmills beside me. . . or the staff at the gym's front desk who didn't seem to be the least bit concerned that two of the treadmills weren't even working. . . or the fact that when I got back in the car, I forgot that I had tossed my sunglasses on the seat and promptly sat on them and broke them. . .
So basically, I ran. I finished Week 2. There are 333 days until the race.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Way to Go!
Getting out there and getting moving is really one of the first and hardest hurdles... Don't worry about your times... you have oodles of time to shave minutes off... for now... concentrate on enjoying it (or... on days like today... on rewarding yourself for making time to make your health a priority...)
Left foot right foot... left foot right foot...
Way to go!
Post a Comment