Yesterday ended on a much better note than it started. To continue the story:
2:34 pm: The Orkin man asks to unplug the extension cord he had to run in order to work in the back yard, because the outlet back there didn't work. I figure this means they must be done with the drilling. I am very happy.
2:35 pm: I resume watching High Noon. I enjoyed this movie, too. As with Midnight Bayou its been too long since I read the book to really compare them, but it was a good movie.
3:10 pm: They start drilling again!!!!!!
3:20 pm: Alec reminds me via IM that his photographer picked him up, so he is at work without a car and needs me to come get him.
3:36 pm: I load River up in the car and head out to get Alec
When we got home, the Orkin man was still there. He told us he was done in our yard, though so we could lock our gate.
Later, we headed out for dinner (we opted to actually eat at the sushi place rather than get take out). The place we like is very small, only 3 tables and about 7 seats at the sushi bar. They're all full when we get there, but a few people are finishing up. We decided to run over to Blockbuster to pick up a movie & come back.
At Blockbuster, they have Australia, which was my second choice for my birthday movie, so we got that. We also got Bedtime Stories with Adam Sandler. We trade in our mailed movie so we get one free rental.
Back at the sushi restaurant, we have an awesome meal. Then, we went to Maggie Moos to get ice cream. After that, we headed home to relax and watch our movies. Australia was a great movie, but quite a bit more sad & emotional than I expected. So, even though it was almost 3 hours long, and it was close to midnight when we finished it, we decided to watch Bedtime Stories to cheer ourselves up. This was a very cute movie. Thus, my day ended at 2 am, and I was happy but tired!
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment