Thursday, June 25, 2009

An Update

Alec and I visited some of my family over the weekend, and my cousin Belle was on my case (but in a nice way!) about not updating the blog. We've just had so much going on, and it's not that I haven't had anything to blog about, but I just haven't had the motivation.

We moved to the Washington, DC area at the end of April (can't believe it will be 2 months on Monday - time flies). As I think most everyone who reads this knows, Alec lost his job, so we've been staying with his folks while he looks for one. The new news is that now I'm job hunting to, as my contract was cut from full-time to as-needed (which has consisted of about 8 hours in the last week - not really enough to live on, even when living with family!). When it rains it pours, that's for sure.

We have done some fun stuff since we've been here, though, so I'll have some posts about that. No new recipes lately, though. I just haven't been feeling creative in the kitchen.

This week, my goal was to get back on the running bandwagon. I want to do the Marine Corps 10K in October, and though I haven't signed up, I do have a training plan laid out. I did my "assignment" for Monday (a 1-mile walk), then skipped Tuesday and Wednesday. I am making myself go out tonight, though, for a 15-minute workout. I'm doing Jeff Galloway's run/walk method, which I did informally for the Disney 1/2 marathon, but this time I'm actually following one of his training plans (or trying to anyway). Since I haven't done much running since Disney, I took his 10-K plan, which starts with 2 mile "long" runs and added on the first 5 weeks of his 5-K plan, to build up to the 2 miles. So, tonight will be a 10-15 minute run, with 2-minutes of walking/2 minutes of jogging. That should actually have me covering a little more than a mile, as I was able to walk my mile on Monday in a little over 15 minutes. Fortunately, my in-laws' neighborhood is walker/runner friendly. I have also been getting in at least a mile a day with River, but those are slow walks as she must stop to sniff every few feet. Still, we go about a half-mile in the morning and in the evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Belle: YEAH!! A posting and another posting. And you are running again.