Alec found a program for his Mac that can track my workout info. It's really neat, especially because it figures the pace, which is what I really want to be looking at.
So, here are my results for the week:
Tuesday
run/walk combo
2.1 miles
31 min 30 sec
15 minutes/mile
Wednesday
treadmill - 2 x 10 minute intervals with 2 minute walk break between them & after the 2nd
1.5 miles
23 min 33 sec
15:41 minutes/mile
Thursday
run/walk combo
2 miles
29 min 8 sec
14:33 minutes/mile (woo hoo - faster than the Disney goal pace!)
Friday
rest day
Saturday
cross training
20 minutes - elliptical w/ varied incline
20 minutes - treadmill w/ varied incline
Sunday
run/walk combo
5.1 miles
1 hour 13 minutes
14:27 minutes/mile
Tonight's 5.1 mile run was the farthest I've gone, ever, since I set out on this goal in January! I did have to both run and walk. The first 3 miles, I was pretty good with alternating between running and walking each time the song changed. The last two miles, however, were mostly walking with a few spurts of running. But, at the end, I felt decently good about what I'd done.
Next week I think will be a good week. The plan seems reasonable. The following week will be a challenge. I have to go on a last-minute trip for work. I don't know yet if the property has a gym and I don't know my class schedule. I'm sure I'll have to conduct some evening classes, as we typically try to accommodate the staff members who only work during that time. Sometimes when that happens, we get a break during the day, but I will be the only trainer on the trip so that may not happen. Obviously, I'll do the best I can. We are signed up for a 5K on the 22nd, the day after I get back, so I hope I'll at least get to run some. I'd like to do better in this 5K than I did in my first one back in April.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
WOW!! WAY TO GO!!! You are beating our race pace!!! Woo Hoo!! (We just need to stay under 16 min miles... so you are WAY ahead of the pack for now!!)
Post a Comment