Wow, it's been over two weeks since I updated the blog! My how time flies. My friend Miss Priss called the other day just to check and make sure I was OK because I hadn't updated in so long. Sorry if anyone was worried.
Life has been plugging along here in TX. I can't believe it's the last day of June!
Last week, Alec and I volunteered at a junior golf tournament here in town. The golfers were ages 6 - 18. The little kids were so cute, all decked out in their golf clothes. Saturday and Sunday I helped with check-ins while Alec helped out around the course. Everything was based at our municipal course, which is actually technically still under construction. It's been closed about a year and was supposed to be open it time for the tournament, but it wasn't quite yet. They had to go out and just paint the tee lines on the grass! Monday-Wednesday Alec went out after work and marshaled on the course. Monday I came out for dinner and didn't really do anything useful! But, Tuesday & Wednesday I set up a table to sell merchandise with the tournament logo. Most of it was just left over from prior years. The guys in charge of the tournament didn't think it was even worth doing, but some of the other people said it couldn't hurt. I ended up selling $775 worth of stuff the first day and about $800 the second day! The people in charge were really impressed! I had a lot of fun and it was nice to have a volunteer opportunity. They've already said we must come back next year!
They actually gave me a $100 bonus for doing such a good job on the sales at the tournament. I didn't want to take it, but they insisted and if they were going to insist who was I to say no. So, on Sunday we went to Sears and I bought us a new camera! It's a super cool Canon Elph SD1000. I actually had the original APS film Elph years ago and I loved that camera! I am excited to have the digital version. It has a lot of really cool features, like you can select a single color and then it will shoot the rest of the picture in black & white and continuous shooting. We had seen it on clearance at Sears a few weeks ago, so I did some research on it and it got good reviews, so we went back to get it. I am excited to try it out. We did get the protection plan for 2 years in case we mess up the shutter on this one!
If you are looking for a camera, I highly recommend Imaging Resource for research. They have a great "Find the Best Camera for You" feature where they ask you all kinds of questions about what you want in a camera and then recommend a bunch that meet those criteria. One of the things I really wanted was a "regular" viewfinder. I was always frustrated with our old camera when trying to frame pictures in bright light and couldn't see the LCD screen.
I'd better go get dinner together. I'll try not to go so long without updating again!
Monday, June 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment