Last night, I ran two miles!! Yeah for me!!
My original goal when I started running was to be able to run 5K by my birthday. But, since I struggled so much with hitting the 2-mile mark, it was pretty clear that wasn't going to happen. So, I dialed that back to 2 miles.
Well, over the weekend we were just flat lazy, and we didn't run. We swore we'd go Monday. Except we were under a tornado warning, so going for a run didn't really seem like the best idea.
So yesterday, my big birthday celebration was to go running!
I had lamented on the Nest that I couldn't seem to get past the 2-mile hurdle. One piece of advice I received was to change up the route I run. The problem with that was that we didn't know of any other places in town where the mileage is marked off, like it is at the park where we've been running. One of the other Nestie runners told me about a cool website, http://www.mapmyrun.com, where you can use a Google map to map out a run and it will tell you how far it is. So, I mapped out a 2-mile route (actually, it was 2.08 miles) starting from another park and running through a really nice neighborhood. (Obviously, I like to run in places with good scenery!)
I did walk a tiny bit (about a block) but other than that, I ran the whole way! It was a great way to celebrate my birthday.
Then we went to the grocery store and bought a cake and some chips for dinner. That was pretty funny - two people who had obviously just finished exercising checking out of the grocery store with two bags of chips and a Boston Creme cake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
YOU GO GIRL!!!!! Congrats on the 2 miles! You can also chart how far on www.gmap-pedometer.com. That's what I use. Kate passed that one along. I used it both for around town and when I have to go out places I don't know. Continue running and don't forget to enjoy it :)
Post a Comment