Monday, May 12, 2008

I'm Doing the Jeopardy! Audition for Sure!

I called Jeopardy! to check on my eligibility since Alec works for a station that airs the show. A very nice lady called me back very quickly (I was surprised) and said that it's no big deal. So, I get to try out! Hooray!

It's going to be an adventure getting there, though. The audition is next Thursday (the 22nd) and we're due in Kansas first thing Friday morning. My audition time is 3 PM and they say it will take 2.5 hours. It's in the city, which is about 2 hours away (3 in rush hour traffic). So, if I drove myself, I'd end up getting home around 8:30 PM and then it's 7 hours to Kansas, so we'd get there at 4 AM.

But, this is seriously one of my lifelong dreams and I really wanted to make it work. So, I looked into the Greyhound bus (the bus station is 1 block from our house). They have one that leaves at 9 AM and gets to the city at 12 PM. I can walk 2 blocks from the bus station and get the city light rail, and take that to a station about 2 miles from the hotel where the audition is. From there, I can take a city bus to a stop around the corner from the hotel. So, that's how I'm going to get there!

Then, Alec is going to drive to the city after work and wait for me while I audition, and we'll leave for KS from there. It's an 8 hour drive, but we're gaining the time it would take me to drive back here from the city, so we'll get there at 2 AM. Which somehow sounds better than 4 AM.

In preparation for the show, I have to have 5 one-line bits of information about myself - you know, the stuff Alec asks the contestants about during the show? So far, I haven't really come up with many good ones. The story behind it has to be short - I don't want to be like that lady the other day who took up all 3 contestants time telling her story about how she almost got arrested in a museum in Paris. If you have any ideas, leave me a comment or drop me an e-mail!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cousin Jen - I am sure whatever you think of will be GREAT!! I wish you the best of luck. It would be so cool to have a family member on TV.. opps sorry, Alec already is :-)